Vectran ™ is a puncture protection developed and patented by Continental that:
– It is lighter and more flexible and protects more effectively than the corresponding nylon puncture protection.
– Does not reduce the rolling resistance of the tire.
– It is a synthetic, high-tech fiber based on a natural pattern.
– It is a liquid crystal polymer (LCP), like a spider's web.
– Spun from molten Vectra liquid polymer and further processed into multifilament yarn.
Like a spider seite, Vectran ™ resists tearing very well, while being light. It is these features that make it excellent
material for use in high-end puncture guards on Continental tires.